The Ultimate – BumbleBee Vintage Spec’d Pre-Wired Long Shaft Pot & Switch…
In stock (can be backordered)
This is what we love to provide to our builders, pieces that make a guitar extra special. and one of the most important things to make your guitar extra special is the wiring kit. here is our wiring kit, made for authentic that vintage sound and feel.
Carefully wired “50’s Style” and grounded with vintage spec buss wire for a great vintage tone. For import guitars you may need to enlarge the holes for the higher quality US spec electronics to fit and also you may need US Spec knobs (to accept 24 teeth split shafts).
- (4) 500K Emerson PRO CTS Split Shaft Potentiometers
- (1) Switchcraft J11 1/4″ mono input jack (MADE IN USA)
- (2) Emerson Bumblebee Paper in Oil Capacitors (1: 0.022uf Bridge, & 1: 0.015uf Neck)
- (1) Wiring Diagram
- (1) Pre-wired 3-Way Toggle Switch
- (1) Cream Switch Tip
- (1 ) Nickel Deep Threaded Nut
What’s so special about ’50s style wiring? It affects your tone in three major ways:
- The overall tone gets stronger, tighter, and more transparent. It’s difficult to describe, but you might say it’s more “in your face.”
- The typical treble loss that occurs when rolling back the volume is much less than with standard wiring. Both the volume and tone controls become more responsive, and they react more smoothly without the usual hot spots. Another bonus: By simply rolling back your guitar volume a bit, you can clean up an overdriven amp without getting lost in the mix.
- The tone and the volume controls interact with each other—something you might be familiar with from certain tweed-era Fender tube amps. When you change the volume, the tone changes a little bit as well, and vice-versa. This may be strange at first, but you only need a few minutes to get used to it.