’58 Double Cut Jr. | Elegantly Simple – 59 Neck
One of our most popular selling kits. A great guitar to start your guitar making career or just have in your hands a guitar that plays exceptionally well. This is made from the best seasoned tone wood that is cut to a exacting standards making it ” out of the box” ready for your interpretation of an old time classic.
We use quarter-sawn substantial mahogany for the neck, not cheap substandard wood. This makes it strong and true and your guitar a treat to tune and play. You will find that our fret work is exceptional, very clean and prepped to near pro.
The body and neck are a matched set, ready to glue with just a dab or so.
This does not come painted, the picture of the painted guitar is just to show you what you can do with a little paint and a great idea.
This guitar kit is based around the late 50’s model.
- 12″radius fretboard
- Pao Ferro ( Bolivian Rosewood ) Fretboard
- 22 Medium-jumbo frets,
- 24.625” scale
- 59 Style Neck
- Neck thickness 1st Fret .88 / 12th fret 9.78
- Jescar 45/100 fret wire, Medium Jumbo,
- Exceptionally clean fret work
- 1 11/16″ nut width,
- 2 1/16″ at 12th fret,
- 1 3/4″ body thickness, with great breaks,
- 3/8″ inch upper body radius
- Bridge hole diameter is 7/16″,
- Bridge spacing is 3.25″,
- Beautiful African mahogany – two pieces,
- 11 degree headstock angle,
- 2.5 degree neck angle,
- All conduits ready for electronics,
- Dual action stainless truss rod,
- 6mm pearloid dot position markers.