This is Keith’s first build.
Here is the order of what he did to the quilted maple cap. Ends up being beautiful.
Here it is dyed with red mahogany dye as the base layer
Here is the first colour session. You can see where the colour absorbed more on the perimeter in some places, so it was destined for another layer.
Here is the how the final dye session turned out. I found that I had to over-concentrate the dye about four times the recommended strength that the dye suggested in order to get the yellow to come forward the way I wanted. Like I said, I will send you a good picture of the finished product all strung up with close to eight hours playing time on it. I just have to go take it first. I just finished it up last Sunday at about 11pm, so it is still adjusting to string tension, but man does it sound great.
Here is a photo of it before I strung it up. It’s strung up now but I don’t have any photos of it as it stands. The sound and sustain is incredible, I used all vintage pots and resistors so I could get an old school vintage sound. Can’t beat the sound of a vintage guitar so that’s what I was going for, and I achieved it.
He is going to send me along some pics of it strung up. Will post them when I get them.