This is why I love my job… check this out…now this is something that you absolutely wanna play…
About three months ago I ordered a Strat kit from Precision Guitar Kits. I decided on the PG kit based on all the positive reviews I’ve read on the internet about how well the parts are machined (true), and how well the neck fits (true!) – it lined up straight without any adjustments, shims or other work to be done. My Strat is now 98% complete, and I could not be happier with the way it turned out.
Here are some of the specs to which the guitar was built:
- Kit: Precision Guitar Kits (Canada)
- Body Finish: Wudtone – Hot Auburn (gold highlights; topcoat: extra gloss, no aging tint)
- Neck: Aged Vintage Yellow (gloss topcoat)
- Pickups: Ironstone Vintage Alnico V – Gold Grade (Gilmour Scratchplate); all cavities and back of scratchplate shielded with copper foil
- Wiring: 2 x CTS 250k-Ohm pots; Emerson .047uF PiO capacitor; SHC Music Pre-amp Multi-effects Unit (from Ironstone; replaces second tone control; 9V battery); cloth-covered push-back wire
- Bridge: Wudtone CP Tremolo Bridge; Wudtone 1018 Cold Steel Tone Block
- Tuners: Sperzel Trim-Lok
- Nut: GraphTech Black Tusq XL
- Neckplate: Wudtone (gold plated)
- Strings: GHS Boomers 10 – 48 (David Gilmour Signature Series)
- (Both Wudtone and Ironstone Pickups are based in the UK)
There was one deviation from the advertised specs: the body consists of three pieces on swamp ash, not two, as stated on your website. However, the matching of the three pieces was done very well, and I have no reason to complain.
Thank you again for a great kit – it was a pleasure to build it!
He built it with this kit: Swamp Ash Strat